Statement On ActionForum Comments.
Statement from Eli Pariser, MoveOn.org Political Action
"MoveOn’s ActionForum is an open forum where members of the public and MoveOn members can post their thoughts regarding important political issues.
Once in a while—as in any public forum—inappropriate material is posted. Recently, a few of the thousands of comments that are posted every week contained anti-Semitic language.
The comments that were posted were abhorrent. We were dismayed to see them, and removed them as soon as they came to our attention 17 days ago.
"Recently," Mr. Pariser?
Top Ten things-to-do List (If you are elected next November.)
1. Voting regulation reform: Reverting back to paper ballots or analog voting machine technology.
2. Campaign finance reform: Publicly funded campaigns not to exceed one million dollars at the local level and ten to twenty million at the national level.
3. Separation of Church and State reform: sharply curtail any influence from any religious organization with special emphasis towards the Jews.
4. Reopen the 911 investigation and bring all the troops home immediately.
5. Income tax reform: Rescind all tax cuts initiated by the Bush administration.
6. Separation of corporation and State reform: sharply curtail the influence of lobbyists from the military industrial complex.
7. Start impeachment proceedings against Bush and Co.
8. Reduce the military budget to less than half, and increase spending for basic research.
9. Universal health care reform: free healthcare for all US citizens.
10. Education reform: free education for all US citizens from K-PhD.
This may not be the order in which everyone can agree on, and there are others that could be included. However, I believe that these are basically the top ten.
Our task is to vote out every Republican and replace them with either a Democrat or an Independent. Then hold their feet to the fire until they get the job done. No excuses.
(April 16, 2006;)
34 of 37 agree with this
Another neo-con appeared today on C-Span to defend Bush and his spying program! I am Jewish and proud of it (despite everything) but I am sick of seeing those neo-cons posing as average joes on national television to defend Bush and his lies. Since they don't have the decency or honesty to identify themselves by saying: "But you know, I am a Zionist and may be biased" and since most Americans can't tell the difference and don't have the courage to ask, maybe they should be forced to wear an Israeli flag on the lapel of their jackets. Isn't it time to tell the American people the truth, i.e. that Jews control all the media. (August 17, 2006)
100 percent agree (8 out of 8)